There are several excellent reasons to visit Dr. Syed Ahmad for eyelid surgery. He is a qualified ophthalmologist as well as an oculoplastic and reconstructive surgeon. This means he can diagnose eye diseases and understand how the eye muscles, bone and nerves function in order to work for the best results possible for your eye and eyelid issues.
It is a well-known fact that a surgeon who specializes in a field will be more experienced in that field. Dr. Syed Ahmad has years of specialization in performing the delicate surgery required for problems around the eyes.
Whether you are looking for a cosmetic surgeon in order to improve your appearance through eyelid surgery or have an injury or eye disease that requires the attention of a specialist, Dr. Syed Ahmad has the training and expertise to diagnose and treat your issue. Some of the treatments provided are:
- Non-surgical, non-invasive procedures to restore a more youthful appearance such as Botox, chemical peels, lower eyelid rejuvenation, lip augmentation and facial fillers.
- Upper and lower eyelid surgery called blepharoplasty is a procedure that addresses the natural aging process. As your skin ages, it loses keratin and elastin, which are proteins that keep the skin supple and firm. When firmness reduces, the eyelids start to sag. The upper eyelid may actually impair your vision as it drops and the lower eyelid may retain fat for puffy bags under your eyes. These conditions may make you look older, tired and sad. Eyelid surgery may remedy the problem and give your face a more youthful appearance.
- Eyelid and orbital cancers may be benign or malignant but they should be treated in either case because they can seriously affect your future vision. There are several different types of tumors that may appear around the eyes. Dr. Syed Ahmad may take a biopsy to determine if the tumor is malignant, but in some cases, it may not be possible to take a biopsy, in which case surgery may be done to remove the tumor.
- A pink fleshy spot on the white part of the eye is called pterygium or surfer’s eye. It is a common occurrence in people who spend a lot of time outdoors. After it is examined, it may be treated with drops or ointments and in some cases, it may be surgically removed. The symptoms are a burning sensation and the feeling that there is grit in the eye. It may cause blurred vision.
- Eye lesions are abnormal tissue on the eye that may be caused by an injury or a health problem. Eye lesions are not obvious and must be diagnosed by an ophthalmologist. If left untreated, they may grow to be noticeable and can cause blindness.
If you have any kind of issue with your eyes from an injury, disease or simply the sagging that results from aging, you have a good reason to visit Dr. Syed Ahmad for eyelid surgery. Contact his office today to schedule your consultation! We are conveniently located in Plano, TX.