An Eye for Excellence
It has often been said that people spend more time looking at your eyes than anything else. When it comes to your eyes, you need a surgeon you can trust. Dr. Ahmad has built his practice on solid principles with one thing in mind, you, the patient. After completing a residency in ophthalmology he completed additional fellowship training as an Oculoplastic and Reconstructive Surgeon. Also called Oculoplastics, this is a highly specialized field that requires extensive training in aesthetic, plastic and reconstructive surgery of the face, eyelids, orbits and lacrimal system. There are only a few hundred doctors that have devoted themselves to this specialty throughout the entire United States.
Dr. Ahmad has spent years of specialized training to perform procedures on the delicate tissues in and around the eyes. His ultimate goal is to help you attain the look and confidence you desire while preserving vision and optimal function of the eyelids. Besides cosmetic surgery and procedures, he also provides expertise in medical and surgical management of disorders of the eye, eyelid, orbit and the face. He believes each patient is an individual with their own unique needs and works to develop a personalized treatment plan while helping you explore all of your options. Dr. Ahmad is committed to quality care in a compassionate setting. Dr. Ahmad has published numerous articles, and contributed chapters, and given talks at national meetings. In addition, he devotes his time to resident education by mentoring at the medical school.
Education & Training
Dr. Ahmad grew up with a passion for helping others. He completed his undergraduate training at the University of North Texas with a degree in Biology. He attended St. George’s University School Medical school and earned his Doctor of Medicine degree.
Dr. Ahmad has completed two separate residencies, the first in internal medicine and the second in ophthalmology. Both residencies were completed at St. Luke’s Roosevelt Hospital, known as a highly esteemed teaching hospital of Columbia University, in Manhattan, New York. He served as Chief resident in both residencies.
Dr. Ahmad’s training is extensive. He first focused on oculoplastic surgery specializing in techniques of plastic surgery as it relates to the eyes and their surrounding structures such as eyelid repairs, disorders of the eye socket, tear duct surgery and the treatment of thyroid eye diseases at the New York Eye and Ear Infirmary under the supervision of Drs. Robert and David Della Rocca. He then pursued further specialized training in cancers and tumors of the orbit, eyelid, and face at MD Anderson Cancer Center in Houston, Texas under the supervision of Dr. Bita Esmaeli.
- Diplomate of American Board of Ophthalmology, Current
- Diplomate of American Board of Internal Medicine 2001-2011
- Ophthalmic Plastic & Reconstructive Surgery, New York Eye & Ear Infirmary, NY, NY
- Ophthalmic Plastic & Reconstructive Surgery, MD Anderson Cancer Center Houston, TX
- Ophthalmology, St. Luke’s Roosevelt Hospital, Manhattan, NY
- Internal Medicine, St. Luke’s Roosevelt Hospital, Manhattan, NY
- St. George’s University School of Medicine
- American Academy of Opthalmology
- American Academy of Costmetic Surgery
- Dallas Academy of Ophthalmology
- Texas Medical Association
- Baylor Medical University Center, Dallas TX
- Baylor Regional Medical Center, Plano TX
- UTSW, Parkland Hospital, Dallas TX
- The Medical Center of Plano, Plano TX